ISO 9001:2015 now also published!
The revision of the quality management standard ISO 9001 is now finally concluded: ISO 9001:2015 was now published.
Early July, after the FDIS of the standard was published, the ISO member countries had 2 months to vote on the latest draft of the standard before the deadline of 9 September. Not a single country voted against the FDIS. Now, ISO is proud to announce the official publication of ISO 9001:2015 on its website.
For reasons of efficiency, ISO decided to make the official publication date 15th of September 2015 – the same publication date as for ISO 14001:2015. The transition rules and deadlines for both standards are thus the same.
In comparison with ISO 9001:2008, the main changes to the standard are:
- High level structure and core text from „”Annex SL“
- Increased emphasis on achieving value for the organization and its customers (“output matters”)
- Increased leadership requirements for top management commitment and involvement (Top management is accountable for the system and its performance)
- The need to understand the context of the organization and the needs and expectations of interested parties
- Emphasis on risk-based thinking
- Increased flexibility regarding the use of documentation
Certified companies will have a three-year period to transition to the revised standard.
Detailed information on the standard can be found on the website of ISO TC/176/SC2.
DQS supports their clients with information, trainings, workshops and gap assessments. Please contact your local DQS office to receive further information.